Save Money, Save Energy:
Hot Spring® Spas leads the industry in design, engineering, and manufacturing of energy-efficient hot tubs. With Hot Spring Spas’ Energy Smart® system, each spa is built with a combination of energy-efficient features that simultaneously provide you with lower operating costs and the best value over time.
The Energy Smart Spa:
You can enjoy lower monthly operating costs with Hot Spring Spas energy-efficient spas. Hot Spring Spas makes your spa energy-efficient by:
- Totally insulating every Highlife Collection model with multiple layers of high density, polyurethane foam that’s also used to insulate commercial freezers
- Using the innovative FiberCor™ insulation in the Limelight Collection models, which fills the cabinet completely to a density that is 4 times greater than the ½ lb. foam used on most spas
- Manufacturing all spa covers to ensure a custom-fit and tight seal to lock in warm air, and have a dense foam core with a high R-value for insulation
- Continuously circulating spa water with the SilentFlo 5000® circulation pump that uses less energy than a 40-watt light bulb
- Featuring the powerful WaveMaster® jet pumps dedicated to powering the jets and are only activated when you need them
- Featuring the SmartJet® system that lets you direct power only to the jets you choose, for less horsepower and energy
- Designing our own heaters to maximize the transfer of heat to the water for maximum efficiency
- Featuring our patented pump shroud that transfers heat from the equipment compartment to the water to utilize pump exhaust heat, minimizing water cooling and energy consumption
- Featuring dimmer-controlled LED lights that use less energy than a standard light bulb in all models
Each Hot Spring Spa owner’s operating cost is different. Determining your cost depends on which model you own, the temperature you set, your frequency of use, the mean ambient temperature and the cost of electricity where you live. By using this energy table, you can get a better idea of what your monthly cost may be. Based on third-party testing, the calculator works by presenting actual documented energy consumption for the specific Hot Spring spa in heavy use.
Weekly Energy Cost = Kilowatt Hours x Rate per Kilowatt Hour
Temp = Annual Mean Ambient Temperature (°C)
kWh = Average Energy per week to operate the spa*
Rate = Average Electricity Rate Charged (cents per kWh)**
Cost = Approximate Weekly Energy Cost to Operate Spa (NZ$ & AU$)
* Test based on a Sovereign® Spa set at 39°C used 6 times per week, 15 minutes with the jets on, 15 minutes with the jets off during each use. Testing conducted by an independent third party certified laboratory in a Controlled Environmental Chamber at multiple ambient temperatures using continuous Data Acquisition Monitoring of watts, temperature and humidity, with all equipment rigorously calibrated to ensure data accuracy. Individual energy consumption will vary depending on water set temperature, actual customer usage patterns and actual environmental ambient conditions.
** Based on the rates as quoted by various local electrical providers June 2014. kWh rounded to one decimal place. Rates are subject to change – check with your local electricity provider for the current rate in your area.