Portable pools and spas now need to comply with the pool safety laws.
Children can drown in portable pools and spas—the water doesn’t need to be deep. The pool safety laws are aimed at stopping this tragic loss of life.
From 30 November 2015, all pool fences and barriers must comply with current pool safety laws.
Portable pools and spas covered by the new laws
If your portable pool or spa can hold more than 300mm of water, has a volume of more than 2000L or has a filtration system, the laws do apply. You will need to:
- get a pool safety certificate from a licensed building certifier stating that your pool complies with the pool safety standard, before filling the pool or spa with more than 300mm of water
- obtain a building approval
- register your pool or spa.
Pools do not need to comply with the pool safety standard unless they are assembled and filled with more than 300mm of water.
A barrier can include:
- fencing for the pool
- walls of a building enclosing the pool
- another form of barrier mentioned or provided for in the pool safety standard
It is the responsibility of property owners with pools to ensure that compliant pool barriers are in place at all times.
Tenants also have responsibilities, including:
- keeping pool gates closed
- ensuring there are no objects that would allow children to access the pool unattended
Since 4 November 2011, all pool owners https://www.acheterviagrafr24.com/sildenafil-citrate-femme-ld50/ are required to register their pools on the state-wide pool register.
If you sell or lease your property, you are required to obtain a pool safety certificate.
Pool safety certificates
A pool safety certificate, issued by a licensed pool safety inspector, is required when selling, buying or leasing a property with a pool. Pool safety certificates are valid for one year for a shared pool and two years for a sildenafil sandoz kokemuksia non-shared pool.
For more information:
- read the Guidelines for pool owners and property agents (PDF, 2.3MB)
- talk to your local government or a private building certifier
- visit Standards Australia
- ask the Royal Life Saving Society—Australia for training.
Need a fence? We can help! Call us today for a FREE Quote. Brisbane Spa Super Centre 07 3277 3541